Howl's Moving Castle

Howl's Moving Castle - Diana Wynne Jones I absolutely loved this book. As soon as I finished I wanted to start reading it again, and when I found out there's a movie, I got indecently excited!
Half of the time I wasn't sure if it was a childrens book or not, but it didn't matter, because the story is fun and interesting and written in such a way that it really doesn't matter if it was meant for kids, because adults can love it too... If it is a children's book though, it's got a couple of gruesome scenes and everyone is very blase about death...

There's a lot of adventure and excitement though, and I'm sure I missed a lot of the hints throughout the book. The plot of the story was brilliant and it's been a while since I've been so delighted with a plot twist... everything seems so predictable these days that it's awesome to find something new.

The only negative I can point out is that it did lack a little something when it comes to making me feel the characters were real, because although I liked Sophie and Howl and Michael and Calcifer, they stayed characters in a story, and didn't jump out of the page and become real like some of my other favorite characters did. There was very little real emotion, and I guess this is where the saying "Show, don't tell,'' came from, because although we're told characters feel a certain way, their actions made these emotions fall flat... except when Sophie throws a jealous tantrum and Howl over acts when he's sick or upset. Howl is a HUGE drama queen...

I still loved the book though and as soon as Goodreads figure out how to do re-reads, it'll definitely be in my re-read list!