Hot Summer Reads: An Anthology of Erotic Stories

Hot Summer Reads: An Anthology of Erotic Stories - Freya Lange, TT Tales, Patient Lee, J. Kendall Dane, M.S. Tarot, Steve Williams, J.C. Winchester, Shea Mara, Bucky Duckman, Ella Wilding I read this book much as you would have a sorbet course between meals to clear your palette. I would read a story here and there after finishing another book and before starting a new one. It's a great way to get over a long read and prepare yourself for whatever is next on your never ending to-read list!
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of writing of these stories, as this is not the first time I've explored my curiosity and picked up an erotica novel... if that's what you would call what's available these days... I mean 23 pages does not make a novel, but that might just be me. Anyway, my point is that from my previous experience it's best not to expect too much from these kinds of stories.
How great it was to read such intimate stories and not cringing at the writing! I enjoyed almost all of the stories, and except for skipping two because they didn't interest me or grab my attention, and one that I wish I had skipped, this was a great time waster!
The book is split between straight couples and gay couples, which intimidated me a little at first... I had never read gay erotica before, and I didn't know if I would enjoy that. I'm pretty open minded and I support gay rights, but I never expected to enjoy reading about the more intimate details of such a relationship... but hel, I kinda did! Just shows you the power a good writer has...
Favorite stories:
Goodbye Ruby Tuesday by Freya Lange
Keyes to the Sun by Shea Mara
Tryst in the Rain Shelter by J.C. Winchester
Fighting Fire With Fire by Patient Lee
The one I wished I gave a miss was Passion on the Pontomac... not because it was a gay story, but because the author just got way too out of hand with adverbs... love slime, man jam, throbber... nah, that's just a little to much for my delicate sensibilities!
Would definitely recommend this to all smut lovers!