The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - F. Scott Fitzgerald Definitely not what I was expecting... but I guess that's what you get for watching the movie first, hey? It was too short to really connect with it, and to be honest, I don't think I would have warmed up to Benjamin even if there were another 100 pages.
I know this is the unpopular opinion, and I never thought I'd say this myself, but I actually really loved the movie and I think it was much better than the book! There was just so much more depth and character! They changed pretty much everything except the basic plot of the book, so I guess it really is quite different, so I shouldn't compare it... but that's what happens when you call it the same thing!
Anyway, the story has always created more questions for me than answers. Mostly I wonder if things would have been different between him and Hildegarde if they had aged the same way? Would his life had been different if he had grown up in the 21st century instead of the 19th?
It's blatantly obvious that women meant next to nothing back then, and I find it ridiculous that reputation was so important, especially considering how fragile it is and how quickly it can be shattered... although it seems like amnesia was also a thing back then as apparently nobody remembered anything anyway, and the Buttons' reputation is always left in tact...
The best thing I'm taking away from this book is that it looks like I finally found a classic author that I like! I'm usually the one who can't get through books like Dracula and Pride and Prejudice because I don't like the writing style of the time, but I think F. Scott Fitzgerald is the one!